- Domain IT Software
- Availability Full-time
- Experience Entry Level
- Type of contract Indeterminate term
- Location Bucuresti
- Salary To be determined
Discover ING Tech
ING Tech is an international hub for technology & innovation, developing IT solutions across ING in areas such as Core Banking, Big Data, Financial Markets, Data Management, Touch Point Architecture and many more. By using the latest methodologies in software development, our fast-growing team gathers more than 750 tech enthusiasts who work for international projects that go beyond traditional banking.
Currently, Wholesale Banking Data Lake is on the verge of transitioning from a traditional data warehousing landscape to a big data platform that processes millions of files containing TBs of data with all the necessary (security) controls, monitoring and automation in place that make the solution scalable and in line with banking minimum standards. Within our environment key critical processes run on a daily basis that support strategic ING bank wide initiatives which are used worldwide ranging from Russia to The United States to Australia and all across Europe.
To assist us in taking the next step in our data platform journey, we are looking for colleagues that have the following key characteristics:
- Extensive and proven technical background in data warehousing with a good understanding of its core elements such as data ingestion, data unification/modeling and data consumption as well interest in elements related to data governance such as data quality, data lineage and metadata management.
- The ability to identify structural and preferably automated solutions to common technical challenges by taking the lead in drafting designs, refining the workload and guiding the implementation towards production together with an agile squad of devops engineers with a balance of junior, medior and senior profiles.
- The ability and the ambition to learn new (open source) tools and technologies that will be part of our new platform such as Hive, Spark, HDFS and NiFi in order to assist with the gradual but steady migration of flows from the current data warehousing stack towards the new big data platform as well as assisting with new functionality such as streaming data ingestion, spark job execution and open metadata (Egeria) standards.
What you bring to the team
- +5 years' experience in data engineering
- Experience with ETL tools
- Experience with database design,modelling and data analysis on large amounts of data
- Good knowledge of Oracle Database
- Experience as developer of multi-tier applications
- Ability to translate functional and non-functional requirements (e.g. Security, High Availability)
- Experience with pair programming
- Understanding of Agile - Scrum methodology is considered a plus
- Excellent written and spoken English skills
- Training programs
- Work from home
- Well-being programs
- Discount for Company Products
- Awesome coffee