Discover ING Tech
ING Tech is an international hub for technology & innovation, developing IT solutions across ING in areas such as Core Banking, Big Data, Financial Markets, Data Management, Touch Point Architecture and many more. By using the latest methodologies in software development, our fast growing team gathers more than 700 tech enthusiasts who work for international projects that go beyond traditional banking.
Data is a game-changer. It’s all around us. Implementing a uniform approach as to how we manage data throughout the bank allows us to enhance the customer experience, lower IT operational costs, and swiftly and correctly report to external regulators.
The Wholesale Banking Data Management organization has various crucial components, like for example the platform, business data modelling, data services, data governance and also data quality. Our success is dependent on bridging and smoothening the utilization of all these components into our delivery organization. The Data Information Analyst is well positioned for this challenge.
As a Data Modeler you will be responsible for the end-to-end analysis of the requirements from the various Regulatory and Business Initiatives. Together with the other members of the team, the Data Information Analyst investigates the data provided to the platform from the sources, analyses and profiles the data and aligns with the consuming side to map the information into the Information Warehouse and the ING-wide business terms.
- Collaborate with business data owners/data stewards to understand their data, their data needs and business context;
- Analyze the data to onboard in the data management platform;
- Bring the data under governance by recording the data definitions in the data dictionary and maintain them as part of metadata management;
- Set up conceptual, logical, and dimensional data models, and define the business terms, based on the IBM Banking Data Warehouse (BDW) Model and the "ING Esperanto", the global data definitions for the entire ING Group;
- Test data models and keep consistency and quality;
- Match the local and global definitions to the requirements of data users, data owners and other stakeholders;
- Be a sparring partner for IT specialists for translating the conceptual, logical, or dimensional data model into the physical data model;
- Set requirements for data quality, data lineage, data security, data privacy and other relevant aspects for business terms/data assets;
- Initiate data management improvements, set data quality, data security, data privacy, data issue remediation guidelines and standards, and support the setting up of data management and data governance processes.
What you bring to the team
- You have Data mapping and Data profiling skills (conceptually and analytically strong to make the right modeling choices)
- You have previously worked with the IBM Suite tooling, Infosphere Data Stage, Excel;
- You have excellent English verbal and written communication skills;
- You are a self-starter with a good ability to work in a (virtual) team;
- You have a sound understanding of business principles and –concepts, including an understanding of how typical financial services functions and processes influence data management strategy;
- You have a consulting mindset including an ability to think about data management in a way that is abstracted from how business functions are implemented by technology
- You have a Design thinking, which enables big-picture view into details that are required for in-depth analyses;
- You are result oriented with an ability to find ways of solving or preempting problems
- You have an enthusiastic personality, bringing pleasure and connection with Agile way of working in multidisciplinary teams;
- Ideally, you have a broad knowledge and deep practical experience with data quality, data lineage, data security, data privacy, data lifecycle management, data issue remediation and other data-governance practices. Industry knowledge on data related government regulatory requirements (GDPR, BCBS 239 …);
- Experience with core banking, finance or risk processes is an added value.
- Training programs
- Work from home
- Well-being programs
- Discount for Company Products
- Awesome coffee