Discover ING TECH
ING TECH is an international hub for technology & innovation, developing IT solutions across ING in areas such as Core Banking, Big Data, Financial Markets, Data Management, Touch Point Architecture and many more. By using the latest methodologies in software development, our fast-growing team gathers more than 750 tech enthusiasts who work for international projects that go beyond traditional banking.
As part of the development towards a “Next Generation Digital Banking Platform”, ING Group Services is building a state-of-the-art Data Lake. An ambitious project based on technologies like IBM InfoSphere (DataStage and Information Governance Catalogue), Linux, Cognos and Oracle. Enterprise Data Lake has the ambition to become the single interface for extracting data from all ING domains in one single format.
As Ops Engineer you will be working in a scrum team consisting of a product owner, Ops Engineers and ETL Engineers. The members of the Tribe are in The Netherlands, India and Romania.
You will be responsible for designing, developing, testing and deploying IBM Information Server artefacts, mainly involving DataStage. Maintaining the applications running in our Data Lake including incident management and bug fixing is also part of your job.
We seek enthusiastic Ops engineers with passion for data, knowledge and experience in data management!
Your day to day
- In charge with keeping the platform up and running (Install and upgrade features, apply patches etc.)
- Deployment of ETL code to Acceptance and Production environments
- Production monitoring
- Incident Management
- Responsible for keeping the IT Risk Controls up to date
- Identify opportunities for automations and improvements
- Occasional development of ETL flows using IBM Datastage 11.5/11.7 and Oracle DB
- Understand the Logical Data Model and Physical Data Model used
- Integrate data from different source systems in the Information Warehouse
- The role requires occasional travel to the Netherlands
We are looking for someone with:
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as a DevOps engineer
- DataStage design and development (or similar ETL tooling) experience
- Experience with Linux operating system
- Good knowledge of SQL and database concepts
- GIT (or similar version control systems)
- Scheduling tools like TWS-d, AutoSys, UAC
- Data Modelling experience (like Data Vault or Dimensional modelling)
- Experience with Data Warehouse concepts
- Programming language like Java/Python
- Reporting tools like, but not limited to Cognos Analytics, Business Objects, PowerBi
- Proficient in English (verbal and writing)
- Enthusiastic personality, enjoying working in a multi-cultural environment
- Wiliness to learn and experiment new technologies
- Training programs
- Work from home
- Well-being programs
- Discount for Company Products
- Awesome coffee