Discover ING Tech
ING Tech is an international hub for technology & innovation, developing IT solutions across ING in areas such as Core Banking, Big Data, Financial Markets, Data Management, Touch Point Architecture and many more. By using the latest methodologies in software development, our fast growing team gathers more than 750 tech enthusiasts who work for international projects that go beyond traditional banking.
Touchpoint Platform is part of ING’s “Think Forward” strategy to become a truly global bank, and is a key success factor for achieving a financial services platform that extends beyond banking. Through our platform, we provide a scalable foundation for platform business models and contribute to ING’s successful position in the new banking ecosystem.
The authentication and authorization services on this platform allow our customers worldwide to access their financial services in a convenient and secure way, using the latest technologies while safeguarding trust. These services enable ING to roll-out new features at a global scale.
- Writing code in a Java environment
- Excellent product integrator: you package, configure and install 3rd party applications from our vendors related to the domain
- Writing technical analysis and development in Object-Oriented technologies.
- Support for functional analysts
- Workload estimations during the planning sessions
- Advice, appraisal and code review
- Pooling and sharing of knowledge on new applications and technologies used
- Investigate and give resolutions for defects (in test, acceptance or production environments)
- Contribute together with the rest of the team to continuous improvements of the development process
- Programming new applications and to making changes in existing applications
- Translating functional analysis into technical analysis and developments, together with the parties involved
- Create release documents to support the deployments and the software after release
- Design and develop high-volume, low-latency applications for mission-critical systems, delivering high-availability and performance
- Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code
- Ensure designs are in compliance with specifications
- Prepare and produce releases of software components
- Support continuous improvement by investigating alternatives and technologies and presenting these for architectural review
What you bring to the team:
Knowledge and experience:
- You hold a University/Master degree in information technology
- Relevant experience designing Java / Java script based backend and front end applications using following technologies, tooling, frameworks:
- Java SE, Java EE, JPA, Spring
- Oracle, Cassandra
- Experience with Scala and/or other JVM languages
- Experience with Polymer and/or AngularJS is considered a plus
- Familiar with continuous delivery, continuous integration, code quality (Git, Jenkins, Artifactory, Nolio, Sonar).
- Experience working on Agile methodology
- Having experience in financial application development is an asset
- Excellent written and spoken knowledge of English.
- You are customer-focused and communicative, and you enjoy working as part of a team.
- You have a sense of initiative and are creative and solution-focused.
- You work in a meticulous and structured way. You are able to set up and follow a schedule.
- New technology is your passion, and every technical problem represents a challenge.
- Self-motivated and directed, with the ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment;
- Structured and organized;
- Able to master new material quickly and independently;
- Communicative, able to actively listen and clearly explain;
- Has outstanding analytical and problem-solving abilities, with keen attention to detail;
- Has proven excellent translator skills to translate functional analysis and architectural design decisions into technical analysis and developments with high quality;
- Implements best practices and design patterns;
- Demonstrates accurate estimating skills for development tasks;
- A team player with experience working collaboratively with clients in the development process;
- Strong ability to cope with crisis situations and high availability
- Training programs
- Work from home
- Well-being programs
- Discount for Company Products
- Awesome coffee