- Domain IT Software
- Availability Full-time
- Experience Mid Level
- Type of contract Indeterminate term
- Location Bucuresti
- Salary To be determined
Discover ING Tech:
ING Tech is an international hub for technology & innovation, developing IT solutions across ING in areas such as Core Banking, Big Data, Financial Markets, Data Management, Touch Point Architecture and many more. By using the latest methodologies in software development, our fast growing team gathers more than 750 tech enthusiasts who work for international projects that go beyond traditional banking.
Several strategic projects are initiated or in process to be started in ING Tech Romania. A solid basis is vital for the success of each of these projects.
This basis is set by a group of key technical people, highly skilled in their area of expertise and knowledgeable of the ING procedures and standards.
Hence, we are aiming to build a team of highly skilled engineers with a clear purpose of helping out in setting the grounds of the new projects
Your day to day:
You are a recognized and respected content leader and trusted advisor for your platform.
• Define the architecture for a domain/ strategic program including demarcation to other domains and in between all building blocks
• Manage end-to-end chains within domain and de-couple points between domains
• Take a supportive/leading role in technical architecture
• You take into account strategic and legacy building blocks to ensure a smooth transition
• Break-down desired (business) themes into epics and features across multiple building blocks, that Feature or Dev/Ops Engineers can further refine into implementable stories.
• Define realistic roadmap for the upcoming quarters, being aware of the domain backlog, capacity and interdependencies.
• Ensure that the architecture is implemented according to plan, minimizing technical/tactical debt and maintaining a close feedback loop.
• Take responsibility for delivery/execution and escalate to management / chief architect if required
• Provide guidance to Development Engineers, L2/L3 manages and Dev/Ops teams in your domain on your platform. With your strong communication (verbal and written) and presentation skills you facilitate workshops, guide and constraint Dev/Ops engineers. Your master builder skills allow you to discuss latest technology with the engineers.
• Describe conceptual design patterns in Cookbooks, that give guidance to the Engineers. Furthermore, describe how these best practices can actually be implemented in practice.
What you bring to the team:
Your education, experience and background:
• IT-related background (Bachelor degree or higher)
• 7+ years of experience in IT and preferable in banking and demonstrates deep and wide knowledge
• Track record in reducing complexity and reducing technical debt
• Appetite for global collaboration (± 20% time)
• Experience in international collaboration (differences in cultures and context)
• Demonstrates co-creation skills (workshop facilitation, guiding, constraining, selling – telling);
• Demonstrates “convincing people” skills based on facts and business cases
• Experience in international collaboration (differences in cultures and context); Demonstrates abstraction & problem solving skills; (e.g. mastery of enterprise integration patterns)
• Outside-in thinker: visits conferences, potentially gives a talk now and then
• Empathy and ability to think from somebody’s else point of view
• Energetic/positive thinker.
• Open to your environment/perceptive.
• Determined/persevering and a good decision maker.
• Strong analytical skills.
• Resistance to stress.
• Out-of-the-box/innovative change-oriented attitude.
• Linking a market focus (IT developments and business developments) to ING's strategy. Stronger outside-in view: Giving rapid developments in the financial industry and with FinTechs emerging, and disruptive technology trends the architect is able to internalize developments in the outside world into ING.
• With strong communication, verbal, presentation skills to facilitate workshops, guide and constraint Dev/Ops engineers he make a valuable contribution in the overall model.
• Demonstrates mastery of REST architectural style, REST design of the domain APIs, content negotiation, and API patterns as per Lonely Planet, API trust mechanisms;
• Demonstrates mastery of Experience Design skills (customer journeys, service blueprinting)
• Owns the resilience and latency of the whole IT chain;
• Working knowledge of the technologies used in the domain (e.g. can explain the pros and cons of queuing in the IT chain)
• Track record in reducing complexity and reducing technical debt.
- Training programs
- Work from home
- Well-being programs
- Discount for Company Products
- Awesome coffee