- Domain IT Software
- Availability Full-time
- Experience Mid Level
- Type of contract Indeterminate term
- Location Bucuresti
- Salary To be determined
Discover ING Tech
ING Tech is an international hub for technology & innovation, developing IT solutions across ING in areas such as Core Banking, Big Data, Financial Markets, Data Management, Touch Point Architecture and many more. By using the latest methodologies in software development, our fast-growing team gathers more than 600 tech enthusiasts who work for international projects that go beyond traditional banking.
ING is looking for a strong Senior Developer/ Chapter Lead who is technically passionate, solution-focused and able to design, develop, test and maintain high-quality software, while also leading a team of Engineers to work on the trading platforms.
The in-house built high-performance pricing systems, together with the vendor-built trading, quoting systems, time-series databases and complex event processing engines are key platforms for the real-time low-latency landscape inscope of the growing Financial Markets domain.
ING is using this environment to connect to a large amount of trading exchanges, worldwide to offer the sharpest pricing quotes and executions to our clients. Therefore, these systems are on dedicated infrastructure in special datacenters located in close proximity to the key markets.
With the further digital transformation of pricing and trading, it is an important cornerstone of ING Financial Markets IT. You can be a key asset for ING and an important part of this journey to make it successful with us all.
As a Chapter Lead you have the following objectives:
- facilitate the development of your Development Engineers in your chapter helping them grow their engineering skills as well as on their domain knowledge and functional knowledge.
- motivate and coach your team to reach their full potential.
- hands-on technical activity as member of one Squad where you deliver quality code
You work within a multidisciplinary scrum team. Your primary responsibility is guaranteeing the operational stability and availability of our applications at all times.
The range of tasks includes the following:
- You take ownership of developments and improvements, seeing them through to completion, providing comprehensive handover as required.
- You assist with functional specifications for change requests and testing release stories
- Perform unit and system level testing on your application and all affected systems
- Design and develop high-volume, low-latency interfaces for high-availability and performing systems
- As part of a cross-border (Bucharest, London, and Amsterdam) Squad you work in an Agile/Scrum way, on the backlog prioritized by a Product Owner, and you demo your features to other colleagues and the stakeholders alike.
- Propose opportunities and innovations
Occasional travel abroad (Amsterdam and London) is required.
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for passionate IT specialists who love to prevent and solve technical problems regarding stability, capacity, and performance of the system. Important characteristics:
- Excellent team player in an international team, quality focused, service oriented, eager to learn
- “Can do" mentality, flexibility and ability to take ownership
- A collaborative approach to solving problems while bringing positive energy to the team
- Ability to give and receive professional feedback
- Relentlessly learn and think in solutions
- Ability to coach your team members as their Chapter Lead
What you bring to the team:
- Education Bachelor and/or Master level in Computer Science, Finance or related.
- At least 7+years of experience as an engineer, experience in the financial industry is a plus
- Clear understanding and experience of Java frameworks
- Development experience of distributed/multi-process applications, multi-threading
- Knowledge of Agile Methodologies
- An excellent spoken and written command of English
Nice to have:
- C#, python experience
- Hands-on knowledge of Continuous Delivery tools such as: Ansible, Git, Jenkins, Azure Pipeline or other equivalent
If you have a passion for IT then you we would love to talk to you.
- Training programs
- Work from home
- Well-being programs
- Discount for Company Products
- Awesome coffee