- Domain IT Software
- Availability Full-time
- Experience Mid Level
- Type of contract Indeterminate term
- Location Bucharest
- Salary To be determined
Discover ING Tech
ING Tech is an international hub for technology & innovation, developing IT solutions across ING in areas such as Core Banking, Big Data, Financial Markets, Data Management, Touch Point Architecture and many more. By using the latest methodologies in software development, our fast growing team gathers more than 650 tech enthusiasts who work for international projects that go beyond traditional banking.
Area of responsibility
TPA (TouchPoint Architecture) is a strategic program that that aims to provide a globally scalable banking platform by simplifying and standardizing our banking applications and creating a modularly built system.
This architecture is composed of five major components, one of them being the Eventbus Platform, built on Kafka technology, that represents the center of a global event based communication for diversified applications used by ING.
Its aim is to offer a complete solution, safe, fast and easy to understand and adopt, so the entire team works on multiple directions:
Development - Implement monitoring and management tools for the Kafka clusters using the Java language. Research on new Kafka features and add them to the Eventbus solution
Operational - Provide and maintain a stable environment for our clients needs. Ensure security, best configuration options, rollback and testing policies.
User experience - Provide archetypes, documentation, demos or have direct discussions with our existing and potential clients. Talk about their needs and offer the best advices in order to understand and use the Eventbus platform at it best potential.
What you bring to the team:
- A dynamic IT Ops Engineer who can help create and support IT applications and effectively accompany the business strategy thanks to the use of innovative technologies.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Romanian
- Excellent team player in an international team, quality focused, service oriented, eager to learn.
- Creative and solution-focused.
- Meticulous and structured. You are able to set up and follow a schedule.
- Passionate about new technologies, and every technical problem represents a challenge you are eager to take.
- Continuously trying to improve in the new technologies environment.
What we are looking for:
- A university degree or a bachelor in information technology.
- A strong interest in Continuous Delivery and Agile / SCRUM ways of working
- A good Linux knowledge
- Solid understanding and excellent working knowledge of the OSI Model
- Knowledge in administrating web servers (Apache, NGINX)
- Experience of production operational processes, preferably to ITIL level is a nice to have
- Experience/Interest in DevOps and server side technologies is an asset: Linux, Java, and some of the Deployment Pipelines: Jenkins, Sonar, Artifactory, Nolio, git (Gitlab) along with ELK Stack (Elastic Search, Logstash, Kibana, Graphite) and NO SQL Databases (Cassandra).
- Understanding and focus on business outcomes
- Understanding and efficiency in collaboration, open communication and reaching across functional borders.
The range of tasks includes the following:
- Deploying and running a production system;
- Providing level 2 support for the application;
- Specifying, designing and performing Performance and Acceptance tests (including High Availability and Disaster Recovery Tests) with support from the Dev Engineer;
- Specifying, designing, testing and deploying the runtime scripts (e.g. stop/start/purge/backup);
- Specifying, designing, testing and deploying the rollback scripts;
- Configuring and implementing Monitoring Tooling (for 24/7 monitoring of the Master Control Room (MCR)) using the correct Event Alerts, as agreed with the MCR;
- Implementing the security policy so that the system is secure at operating system, database and application server level;
- Understanding and monitoring the entire stack’s technology on which the application runs;
- Performing Incident, Problem and Change Management, including writing user stories for resolving problems;
- Performing Life Cycle Management for the system.
- Training programs
- Work from home
- Well-being programs
- Discount for Company Products
- Awesome coffee