At ING, we work with Agile methods and tools. You will be bringing new business requirements from paper to production using SCRUM methodology, you will write code in PSL and use a no-SQL database. In this role , you will be responsible of:
- Analysis and Design: refinement of the product backlog and decomposition of product backlog items into user stories; estimation of the complexity of user stories and decomposition of user stories into sprint tasks; the creation of designs, including solution and data models, user experience, and application architecture.
- Coding & Packing Configuration: code debugging / code refactoring / configuration of middleware for application use and configuration of applications and packages.
- Programming language: PSL (Profile Scripting Language). PSL is a language that implements object orientated concepts such as classes, methods, encapsulation, inheritance, and strong data typing as extensions to the MUMPS language. PSL is supported by a modern Eclipse-based development environment, with integrated schema and code management and numerous interactive plug-ins.
- Database: GT.M. The GT.M data model is a hierarchical associative memory (i.e., multi-dimensional array) that imposes no restrictions on the data types of the indexes or the contents - the application logic can impose any schema, dictionary or data organization suited to its problem domain. GT.M's compiler for the standard M (also known as MUMPS ) scripting language implements full support for ACID (Atomic, Consistent, Isolated, Durable)
- Build and Package: Work with Eclipse, GitLab and Jenkins to build merge and deploy code.
- Tests: creating automated unit tests for user stories; building (automated) functional and production tests.
What you bring to the team
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science
- Interest and desire to learn MUMPS, PSL and GT.M
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as Software Developer
- Previous coding experience in one of the object oriented languages : C++ , Objective C, PHP, Java , C# , Visual Basic, PERL , or even COBOL.
- Experience with SQL and no-SQL databases.
- Fluency in English
- Enthusiasm and positive energy
Experience with PSL or MUMPS programming language is a big plus!
- Training programs
- Work from home
- Well-being programs
- Discount for Company Products
- Awesome coffee