- Domain IT Software
- Availability Full-time
- Experience Mid Level
- Type of contract Indeterminate term
- Location Remote
- Salary To be determined
Discover ING Tech
ING Tech is an international hub for technology & innovation, developing IT solutions across ING in areas such as Core Banking, Big Data, Financial Markets, Data Management, Touch Point Architecture and many more. By using the latest methodologies in software development, our fast growing team gathers more than 550+ tech enthusiasts who work for international projects that go beyond traditional banking.
ING is looking for an excellent Ops engineer for Global Market Database (GMDB).
Global Market Database delivers market data to more than 75 applications throughout the bank.
The primary focus of the GMDB team is to snap, enrich, store and distribute validated market data, typically used by systems such as IPA/Flexing/Racing, Murex, predominantly for the Risk and Finance applications globally. The accountability areas include product development (writing user stories) and implementation (delivering stories in the sprint), innovation, process & change management and SoX control framework.
Your day to day:
- Application capacity and performance management.
- Support changes in capacity by automating the testing to meet the preferable system performance level.
- Configuration Management. Automate the application of configuration states. Deploy new modules, upgrade and fix to the production environment.
- Make modules production-ready by moving them to libraries, completing forms, following procedures, completing version control documents, etc.
- Be able to refine and detail user stories that are defined.
- Be able to work together with other DevOps teams and plan work in a way tasks can be executed efficiently. Actively present in demo sessions.
- Understand the impact of user stories on his/her work.
What you bring to the team:
- Education – Bachelor and Master in Computer Science (or related)
- We are looking for a self-motivated, proactive colleague with good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience with the responsibility and execution for the incident, problem and change management for high available systems, as well as risk control and configuration management
- In-depth knowledge in Unix tools and Unix Shell scripting
- Knowledge of XSLT, C, RDBMS or VBA is recommended
- Good knowledge of RHEL and Windows 2012 server, SVN and Git/Github
- Good knowledge of connectivity: DNS, firewalls
- Knowledge of Asset Control is preferred
- Clear understanding of programming languages (Java), databases (SQL), scripting languages (Perl, Powershell)
- Knowledge of Agile Methodologies
- Good communication skills in English, written as well as verbal
- Training programs
- Work from home
- Well-being programs
- Discount for Company Products
- Awesome coffee