Discover ING Tech:
ING Tech is an international hub for technology & innovation, developing IT solutions across ING in areas such as Core Banking, Big Data, Financial Markets, Data Management, Touch Point Architecture and many more. By using the latest methodologies in software development, our fast growing team gathers more than 750 tech enthusiasts who work for international projects that go beyond traditional banking.
Several strategic projects are initiated or in process to be started in ING Tech Romania. A solid basis is vital for the success of each of these projects.
This basis is set by a group of key technical people, highly skilled in their area of expertise and knowledgeable of the ING procedures and standards.
Hence, we are aiming to build a team of highly skilled engineers with a clear purpose of helping out in setting the grounds of the new projects
Your day to day:
As a Senior Java Developer you will:
· Write code in Java 8/ Scala/ Kotlin
· Write code in Spring Boot and other Spring modules (data, security, batch) or any other dependency injection framework;
· Work with (and configure) Distributed databases based on Apache Ignite
· Work with Oracle 12c DBaaS.
· Interact with BigData and have a strong focus on performance and real-time analytics.
· Create front-end components with Web Components
· Have a BDD approach (Cucumber), as well as design and develop automated unit, integration, and regression tests.
· Use a Linux deployment environment and be responsible of application scripts (bash).
· You embrace and drive technical change in the project
· Excellent team player in an international team, quality focused, service oriented, eager to learn.
· You are curious and understand the latest developments in the technical and financial services.
· You have a good understanding of banking in general or you are passionate about learning it. You are able to discuss with your stakeholders and product owner about features and stories and can translate these into software with real business value.
· You have a good understanding of Software Architecture.
· You have experience in Continuous Delivery.
What you bring to the team
· A University degree in Computer Science, Cybernetics, Software Engineering, Financial Engineering or equivalent
· 5+ years of Java software engineering experience
· Advanced knowledge of Java 8
· Experience with any dependency injection framework.
· Experience in developing automated testing
· Familiarity with tools like Confluence, JIRA, Fortify, Git, Jenkins, Maven
· Experience or affinity with IT Security concepts
· Good communication skills, in English and Romanian
· Strong analytical skills, proactivity and willingness to share knowledge with others
· Basic querying with SQL
Nice to have
· A good working knowledge of the Star Wars universe and the dark side is also a plus
· Experience with Apache Karaf or other OSGi Framework
· Experience with Junit and Cucumber or other testing frameworks
- Training programs
- Work from home
- Well-being programs
- Discount for Company Products
- Awesome coffee