Discover ING Tech
ING Tech is an international hub for technology & innovation, developing IT solutions across ING in areas such as Core Banking, Big Data, Financial Markets, Data Management, Touch Point Architecture and many more. By using the latest methodologies in software development, our fast growing team gathers more than 800 tech enthusiasts who work for international projects that go beyond traditional banking.
Area of responsibility
Touchpoint Platform is part of ING’s “Think Forward” strategy to become a truly global bank. It is a strategic program that that aims to provide a globally scalable banking platform by simplifying and standardizing our banking applications and creating a modularly built system.
The Touchpoint Architecture Platform uses an API Gateway for 'external' client applications to access the TPA platform API's. API Security defines how the APIs of the Touchpoint Architecture are protected and can communicate between each other in a secure and scalable way.
The target state for the Touchpoint Architecture is that all APIs within ING across all countries, can communicate with each other with little restrictions within the platform.
Systems which are outside of the Touchpoint Platform (Security Boundary) will use the API Gateway to access APIs within the platform.
The API Gateway will handle all Client Application-specific security measures (like CORS, CSRF, JSON Busting for browsers and SRP channel for Mobile, etc) to avoid APIs to have to implement these themselves.
- Plan and execute deployment of Virtual Machines in ING’s Private Cloud;
- Implement and/or extend the right CI/CD tools and frameworks to automate everything: integration, deployment, monitoring, functionality and performance;
- Configure Linux servers ( RHEL 6/7 );
- Specify, design and perform Performance and Acceptance tests (including High Availability and Disaster Recovery Tests) with support from the Dev Engineer;
- Specify, design, test and deploy the runtime scripts (e.g. stop/start/purge/backup);
- Specify, design, test and deploy the rollback scripts;
- Monitor the service and application's availability and correct performance;
- Configure and implement Monitoring Tooling (for 24/7 monitoring of the Master Control Room (MCR)) using the correct Event Alerts, as agreed with the MCR;
- Responsibility of incident and problem resolution related to the managed services in our scope;
- Lifecycle Management and Operational Risk;
- Identify opportunities to automate;
- Occasional travel abroad (Amsterdam) is required.
Who we are looking for?
We are currently looking for 1 senior OPS for our NGINX Squad within Touchpoint. The squad currently consists of 6 developers, 2 OPS and a PO, all located in Amsterdam.
The products our team delivers are not only the authentication proxy for all internet channels in the Netherlands and Belgium, but also various authentication components. These are the target TokenAPI and legacy authenticating applications. Furthermore, we deliver security components, which are reused in the ING developer frameworks to verify users, extract user information and provide secure API to API communication.
What you bring to the team:
- Academic education: Bachelor or Master in Computer Science, Cybernetics or equivalent;
- At least 5 years’ experience with IT operations in various platforms and environments;
- Understanding of, and experience with Linux, networking, scripting languages (e.g. Bash, Python, Perl);
- Experience/Interest in DevOps and server-side technologies is an asset: Linux, Java, and some of the Deployment Pipelines: Jenkins, Sonar, Artifactory, Nolio, git (Gitlab) along with ELK Stack (Elastic Search, Logstash, Kibana, Graphite) and NO SQL Databases (Cassandra);
- You are highly knowledgeable on Red Hat operating systems and networking. You are also showing knowledge and interest in clustered environments;
- Knowledge of Agile Methodologies;
- An excellent spoken and written command of English.
- Training programs
- Work from home
- Well-being programs
- Discount for Company Products
- Awesome coffee