- Domain IT Software
- Availability Full-time
- Experience Mid Level
- Type of contract Indeterminate term
- Location Bucharest
- Salary To be determined
iziBAC is an edtech startup company from Bucharest, Romania, specialized in gamified educational products. Our mission is to drive social change by making learning fun for the pupils. Our eponymous first product, iziBAC, is a freemium game-based educational mobile app tailored for the needs of pupils preparing for the Baccalaureate exam. We have won multiple prizes for social impact and innovation, including the European Commission’s Seal of Excellence and we are currently expanding our team.
We are looking for creative, motivated people that thrive in a relaxed working environment. The work schedule is flexible and we overall encourage and empower self-driven people and personal & professional growth. A genuine passion for education is a big plus.
We are looking for a React Native developer interested in building performant mobile apps on both the iOS and Android platforms. You will be responsible for architecting and building these applications, as well as coordinating with the teams responsible for other layers of the product infrastructure. Building a product is a highly collaborative effort, and as such, a strong team player with a commitment to perfection is required.
- Build pixel-perfect, buttery smooth UIs across both mobile platforms.
- Leverage native APIs for deep integrations with both platforms.
- Diagnose and fix bugs and performance bottlenecks for performance that feels native.
- Maintain code to ensure the product is of the highest quality.
- Participate in identifying configuration changes to applications so that they meet business requirements
- Identifies and evaluates new technologies and innovations
- Experience with React Native
- Rock solid at working with third-party dependencies and debugging dependency conflicts
- Familiarity with native build tools, like XCode, Gradle, Android Studio
- Understanding of REST APIs, the document request model, and offline storage
- Experience in architecting appropriate Git workflows for a project
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Understanding of UI design and usability principles
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements.
Nice to have
- Experience with Expo
- Experience with NoSQL, Firebase, Firestore
- Experience with open source project
- Be open
- Continuous Learning
- Contributing to society
- Work from home
- Flexible work schedule
- Work with various clients, sectors & countries
- Learning budget and platforms
- First Contact
- Online test