- Domain IT Software
- Availability Full-time
- Experience Mid Level
- Type of contract Indeterminate term
- Location Cluj-Napoca
- Salary To be determined
We are looking for a Python Engineer for a small product company in Cluj-Napoca, Romania.
The company is a Dutch start-up that has created an innovative Deep Matching technology. The cloud application uses a combination of Big Data, semantic technology and Neural Networks to identify and retrieve stolen objects for financial services providers.
Their goal? Combining Artificial Intelligence with human expertise to achieve unprecedented results.
And they don’t plan to stop anytime soon. The team is working towards delivering their application as a SaaS, developing new functionalities that bring innovation, performance, accuracy and high scalability for their customers all over the world (Netherlands, Germany, Poland, Romania, USA, China).
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Build interactive, high traffic, high performance, highly secure web apps using Python 3.4;
- Be involved in the entire product development lifecycle, making technical suggestions;
- Work with a microservices architecture;
- Identify opportunities for process improvement and make constructive suggestions for change;
- Participate in the iteration planning and team standup meetings;
- Contribute to the way the company thinks about products, quality, development practices and architectural solutions.
- Minimum 4 years of experience as a Software Engineer;
- Experience or interest in working with Python/Django (cross training available if you have previous experience in Ruby, Perl, Java, PHP or C++);
- Experience with Linux platforms;
- Solid understanding of object-oriented software development methodologies and practice;
- Familiar with Redis for async processing and scheduling;
- Familiar with PostgreSQL and Cassandra;
- Familiar with AWS, Docker, and Elasticsearch;
- Continuous Integration Agile environments and Test Driven development exposure;
- Strong work ethic.
NICE TO HAVE
- Experience with Progressive Web Applications;
- Experience with RESTful APIs, web-services (data capturing and exchange);
- Experience with Web crawling/scraping;
- Interest in Big Data – algorithms, data mining, polyglot databases, analytics;
- Interest in Neural networks, Social graphs;
- Flexible hours;
- Non-corporate relaxed environment;
- Private medical insurance;
- Possibility to Work From Home;
- Periodical knowledge transfer sessions;
- Latest technologies to work with;
- Transparent performance management system;
- Internal gamification system;
- Team Buildings and After Work gatherings;
- Partnerships with communities such as RoPython and EuroPython.
- Be Reliable
- Continuous Learning
- Be Kind
- Work from home
- Flexible work schedule
- Health Insurance
- HR @ Talent Matchmakers
- Tech talk