- Domain Consulting
- Availability Full-time
- Experience Mid Level
- Type of contract Indeterminate term
- Location Bucuresti
- Salary To be determined
We are looking for a Medior Data Engineer to join our AI, Data & Analytics team in the CIO Finance & Control area. be involved in development and maintenance of the applications running in Hadoop environment. The applications are mainly financial field based requiring computation and processing of big data volumes on Hadoop and also traditional DWH environment, provided to the Banks of UniCredit Group, mainly in mature markets (Italy, Germany and Austria). In particular, AI, Data & Analytics team located in Bucharest is the full owner for approx. 15 assets relying on big data platform, taking care of data acquisition (ETL), engines building (Scala/Spark, PySpark), security requirements adoption and also maintenance activities.
What will you be doing in this role?
▪ Participate in applications installation and configurations in different environments;
▪ Participate in maintenance of existing applications, bug fixing (RUN activities);
▪ Good understanding of business/functional specification participate in development & design of new applications, features, modules using standard coding;
▪ Self-study and keeping up to date with the big data technologies.
What we expect from you?
Qualifications & Competencies:
▪ 2 years experience in Big Data technologies/languages (Spark / Java, Scala or Python);
▪ Solid knowledge of Cloudera Stack – Hbase, Impala, Hive, Kafka, HDFS;
▪ Working experience with Data Storage (Parquet, Avro) and reactive systems;
▪ Web-services in Java/J2EE (RESTful API), Web Applications;
▪ Good knowledge of relational databases and SQL;
▪ Experience in building ETL data pipelines;
▪ No SQL data modelling;
▪ TDD development;
▪ Development tools: git, svn, maven, sbt;
▪ Computer Science degree;
Personality & Soft Skills:
▪ Open-minded, structured and result oriented personality;
▪ Team player and leader;
▪ Willing to learn new things;
▪ Respectful to multicultural environment;
▪ Pragmatic and problem-solving mind;
▪ Good negotiator focused on win-win solutions;
▪ Ability to work in challenging environment, “can do” and “extra mile” attitude;
Our offer to you?
▪ Flexible working hours;
▪ The possibility of working remote 2 days/ week;
▪ A professional but still friendly work environment;
▪ Access to our benefits platform with a dedicated budget that you will be able to use, in order to
choose the most suitable benefits for you;
▪ Healthcare services from one of the agreed providers (3 potential options);
▪ Holidays accorded based on your working experience (21 up to 25 days);
▪ Career in a leading international banking group, build on the diversity of its strong local roots
▪ Dynamic and challenging environment, full of growing opportunities
▪ Enhance knowledge and skills, setting solid foundations for a professional development in the
IT area of the financial industry
As a major financial institution, UniCredit thrives in a truly international dimension. We span 50 countries and give growth opportunities to people who share our excitement for constantly building on our local roots and strong European identity.
UniCredit Services is the global service Company of UniCredit that provides solutions in the Information & Communication Technology (ICT), Back Office & Middle Office, Real Estate, Security and Global Sourcing areas. The Company has about 11.000 colleagues and oversees activities in: Austria, Germany, Italy, Poland, United Kingdom, Czech Republic, Romania, Slovakia, Hungary, plus 2 branches: one located in New York and one in Singapore.
- Customer First
- People Development
- Risk Management
- Cooperation & Synergies
- Execution & Discipline
- Work from home
- Flexible work schedule
- Training programs